Beer Bread Premix Plain (20x500g)
Beer Bread Premix (500g)
Makes 1 x 775 gram Beer Bread per premix pack.
Beer bread is buttery, chewy, and tastes like your favorite beer.
- 500 - gram beer bread premix (500g)
- 340 ml beer - use beer made with hobs (in South Africa use Amstel). Room temperature.
- ½ cup of butter
- Optional - grate cheddar cheese onto the top of the dough prior to baking.
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add 340 ml beer to the mixture. (not refrigerated)
- Mix with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes until all the ingredients are well blended and mixed.
- Grease the baking tin with margarine or butter and pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Melt a ½ cup of butter and pour over the dough prior to placing bread into the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and once baked, remove bread from baking tin and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Once baked, remove, and let it cool - serve and impress everyone with your baking skills.
If you need more information about the Crossroads Bread Project, or would like to get involved, contact us.
firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 38033, Faerie Glen, Pretoria, 0043
+27 (0) 12 365 3450 +27 (0) 84 840 3139
Johan Stapelberg – Master Sourdough Baker
“I have been involved in the baking sector and many baking projects for 45 years and decided to apply my mind and came up with the idea to erect wood fired ovens, also better known as Masonry ovens at strategic points within the various communities where there is hunger and hardship.
But, to make this project sustainable and give it substance, I shared my idea of community ovens with Leon de Bruin and the idea was born to approach the Reformed Church in Pretoria which they took an immediate interest in. It must be stated from the outset that the vision and reach of this Communal Oven project is to be implemented in all churches and communities across South Africa and adjacent countries.”